Sponsor Interview: Lizzie Rose Jewellery
Posted by DebshoDoodles on May 13 2013, in Art, Contests, Crafty Singapore, Giveaways, Interview, Sponsors
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m from England but have moved around the globe with my husband for the past 20 years. I have two teenage children, a boy and a girl and I love gardening, good food, the beach and trying my best to be eco-friendly, as well as making jewellery of course!
2. How did you come up with your name, Lizzie Rose Jewellery?
That’s easy, my daughter’s name is Elizabeth Rose so I just shortened it to come up with a catchy name that’s easy to say.
3. What got you into crafting?
I took a course in basic jewellery making whilst living in Dubai and it went from there. From a young age I knitted, cross-stitched and made tapestries and have always enjoyed crafts.
4. What do you make and why do you make them?
I make mainly bracelets and anklets as I love to wear these myself. Most of my anklets are simple beaded strands which can be worn all the time, every day and I would like everyone to enjoy the feeling of wearing some colour around their ankle.
5. Do you have a favorite item that you created? Is it sold or still available for purchase?
One of my favourite items is this blue ocean inspired anklet which looks stunning on. It’s great for after-beach wear with strappy sandals. It sounds amazing too. It’s available in my Etsy Shop.
6. Are you a full time artist or crafter? If not would you like to be?
I don’t consider myself a full-time crafter as I have a home and family to take care of and the business side of running an Etsy shop, promoting my creations through social media and blogging take up quite a lot of hours in the day!
7. Do you have any favorite blogs or resources that you can share to our readers?
I subscribe to Martina Iring’s Small Business Bliss emails (http://martinairing.com/blog/). She explains things like marketing and website design in simple terms and keeps me up-to-date with the latest changes to social media, etc
8. Do you have any discount codes or promotions that you can offer our readers?
Yes, I have a coupon code in my Etsy shop which gives 10% off any order from anyone reading this on Crafty Singapore or a Team Member. Just type ‘CRAFTYSG1’ in the relevant section at checkout to enjoy.
9. Please provide me all the links to your social media accounts and shops.