Featured Crafter – JacCrochetCraft
Posted by CraftySG on Dec 18 2017, in Featured Seller
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am a stay-at-home-mom with 2 kids. I enjoy watching Korean dramas while trying to crochet at the same time (something that I have yet to master… I will either lose the conversation or miscount my stitches). I like listening to music, fixing jigsaw puzzles, basically I am very much an indoors person.
- How did you come up with your brand name?
I tried to combine my name and the craft that I do. So up came JacCrochetCraft.
- What got you into crafting?
About a year ago, one of my church friends introduced me to knitting and crocheting. I tried to learn both from you-tube videos. But somehow, I picked up crocheting faster. So that started my crocheting journey.
- What do you make and why do you make them?
I started with crocheting beanies, scarfs and blankets. About half a year ago, I tried crocheting toys. The toys brighten up my day whenever I look at them. That’s how I went into amigurumi.
I want the toys to be something useful too. And so, I inserted bells into some of them to make them into shakers (great for sing-along sessions during the Christmas period). There are also sheep toys which can be used as wrist-rests.
- Do you have a favorite item that you have created? Is it sold or still available for purchase?
My favourite piece, so far, is a (chubby) bunny in overalls. It is sold already.
- Are you a full time artist or crafter? If not, would you like to be one?
I am not a full time crafter. I don’t think I am creative enough to be one. So I am very contented with my current status of a part-time crocheting homemaker.
- Do you have any favorite blogs or resources that you can share to our readers?
I pick up my crocheting skills mainly from Happy Berry’s and Bella Coco’s you-tube videos. Both are very clear in their explanations. Highly recommended to those who are interested to pick up crocheting.
I also go to Pinterest and Ravelry for free crochet patterns.
- Do you have any discount codes or promotions that you can offer our readers?
Quote “Crafty SG”, and get a 10% discount with a minimum purchase of $30.
- Please provide me all the links to your social media accounts and shops.
- When will you be selling at the Velocity @Novena Christmas Pop Up Market and where is your booth location?
I will be selling my crochet toys from 18 to 24 December. My stall is located at Level 1, in front of Sa Sa.